Last Saturday I treated myself to the “chocolate brownie a-la-mode” pedicure at Spa in the Valley. It was divine! However, as a result, I was seriously jonse-ing for a real brownie when I got home, but I had no brownie mix in the house. And after this recipe, I don’t know that I will ever buy box brownies again! These were incredibly easy and quick to make and they came out delish. Thank Allrecipes. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not over-cook.