Super Bowl Sunday is upon us! Whether you want to be known as the hostess with the hostess or the guest with the best dish, this is it! (So you can plan accordingly–the chicken is made in a crock pot and then the dip is put in the oven in a baking dish.)
I am a die-hard NY Giants fan! (Yes. Still. Even though our season was embarrassing.) Anyway, since I LOVE football, I would be remiss if I didn’t provide fellow fans a little something to snack on while watching the big-game this Sunday. I’ve made this dip several times and it is always a crowd pleaser. I got it from a co-worker many moons ago and altered it to my own liking. Enjoy!
- 3 or 4 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 23 oz. bottle of Frank’s Red Hot Original cayenne pepper sauce
- 2-8oz. packages of cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 4 to 8 oz. blue cheese dressing
- 2 blocks shredded cheese (I shredded 1/2 block of colby/jack and 1/2 block of mild cheddar)
- 4 tbs. sauce from chicken
- Place chicken in crock pot with wing sauce.
- Cook on low temperature for 4-6 hours until chicken is done.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks.
- Add cream cheese and enough blue cheese dressing to obtain desired consistency, adding up to 4 tbsp. of sauce from chicken for flavor and color.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with Scoops tortilla chips.
tara’s tips: I’ve made this by baking the chicken. I’ve made this with different cheeses. I’ve made this by putting the chicken in a food processor instead of shredding it with a fork. Feel free to explore. You can also use ranch dressing if bleu cheese isn’t your thing.