First off, a confession: I have a weakness, ok I have many–one of which is peanut butter. I think if you put peanut butter on a rock I’d eat it; that’s how deep my love goes. (And for the record, Sarge–my dog–feels the same.) So when I came across this recipe I knew I had to try it. And boy was it worth it. A friend of mine made these before I did and had one word to say, wow. I agree. Let me know what you think!
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
- Beat the butter, sugars and peanut butter together until mixed.
- Add in the vanilla and egg and beat to combine.
- Gradually add in the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda until blended.
- Remove the peanut butter centers from the freezer, and shape the cookie dough around the ball until completely covered.
- Flatten the cookies with a sugar-dipped glass.
- Bake on 375 F for 7 to 9 minutes, until tops of cookies just begin to crack.