Initially, I paused in blogging about this recipe. Then I realized how I could help it! And to be fair, I did go back for seconds of the original recipe. This is another quick, week-night meal that I think would pair nicely with a simple side salad. Let me know what you think!
Original recipe is from How to Nest For Less.
- 8 ounces of whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup (half stick) of butter
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package McCormic® Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi Seasoning Mix
- 1 tbsp juice of a lemon
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Old Bay
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in large skillet on medium heat until butter is melted. Add shrimp and Seasoning Mix; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in lemon juice.
- Toss with cooked pasta to coat well. Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
tara’s tips: Personally, I need my protein (i.e. meat) to be flavorful. I suggest seasoning the shrimp with Old Bay, salt, and pepper, and if you can handle the kick, red pepper flakes. Without the last 4 ingredients, the dish is fine for all–again, I did go back for seconds. But we know me, to take a page out of Emeril’s book, I like to kick things up a notch.