I love a good chocolate chip cookie. Make it a blondie and that’s even better! However, baking either of these has never been my strong suit. Until, now… I think I have stumbled upon the perfect blondie recipe! Thanks Inspired Taste! And above all, they’re moist! Enjoy!
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter or line an 8-inch by 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. (I buttered)
- In a medium bowl, stir melted butter and brown sugar until smooth. Stir in egg, vanilla, and the salt.
- Add flour and stir until incorporated then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out relatively clean.
- Cool then cut into 16 squares.
I used a 9×9 pan. (I’m pretty sure I have an 8×8, but I had already buttered the 9×9.)
Recently, while watching the Barefoot Contessa I learned that when making blondies, the toothpick should never come out completely clean. She said it was the secret to making good blondies. So the note above about the toothpick being ‘relatively’ clean–adhere to it.
The blondies should be stored covered in an airtight container up to 3 days at room temperature or up to a week in the fridge. You can also freeze up to 3 months.
And while on the subject of all things chocolate chip…I now have a chocolate chip cookie recipe that comes out delish, every time. Stay tuned for that one!