A friend of mine posted this recipe on Facebook and I was intrigued. I always struggle with finding good recipes for chicken breasts. I know they’re healthy–but I don’t like white meat and I feel like they always come out dry and bland. So by all means, if you have some good chicken breast recipes, please, let me know! At any rate, I gave this one a try and it was really pretty good. It was originally called KFC Baked Fried Chicken. I don’t know if it compares to KFC, but it was tasty.
Baked Fried Chicken
Place thawed chicken breast tenderloin strips in a bowl of milk. Let soak for 20-30 min.
Mix in a Gallon Size Ziploc or Large Bowl:
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 T Season All
- 3/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 c. Flour
- 2 tsp. Paprika
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut 1/2 stick of butter into a few pieces and place in a 9×13 pan. Melt butter in pre-heated oven.
2. Spread melted butter around the bottom of the pan. Lightly spray the pan, if needed, to make sure that there are no dry spots.
3. Shake excess milk off of chicken and completely coat each piece with the seasoning mix. You can either shake the chicken in the bag, until coated, or dip each piece in the bowl until coated.
4. Place each piece of chicken in the pan.
5. Cook for 20 min. Turn each piece of chicken and continue cooking for 20 more minutes, or until cooked through.
Tip: I used skim milk and found the chicken to be a little dry, but not a deal breaker. A friend of mine suggested buttermilk next time. And I used chicken breasts and not the strips.